Besides the regular in-class courses as developed in the African Abroad
brochure, this program is a unique social and cultural experience for
international students to integrate the West-African economy, learn about it and find concrete solutions to problems encountered. Broadly, the students activities are about:
- Topics for Inclusive Researches.
- Fieldworks and Study Trips within Senegal, across 12 ISM-Campuses.
- Young Professionals Program (YPP) with a monthly allowance (Selective).
- Learning/Teaching at Africa-Asia Institute (Chinese, Indonesian, Japanese or Korean languages and Culture)
- Interviews with… African Writers, Poets, Musicians, Economists, etc.
You are eligible if…
- Your home university has a formal student’s exchange agreement with the Group-ISM
- You are regularly registered in the home university in Bachelor 3 Program, Semester 1 or 2
- You are regularly registered in the home University in Master 1 & 2 Program.
5 Zones/Fields of research & Entrepreneurship
Zone 1. DAKAR & GOREE ISLAND
Researches will be about the nature, history and characteristics of Senegalese/Dakar’s economy. It will be about the relative importance of demand and supply dynamics in the tertiary sector (e-money, Islamic banking, transportation, education, etc.), with a focus on fundamentals
Zone 2. PETITE CÔTE & SINE SALOUM
Students will survey the Senegalese historical evolution of tourism especially in that region (Saly-Portudal, Mbour, Joal, etc.). The research will focus on the major trends and events organized by the local communities, NGOs and authorities, in order to foster ecotourism and other related activities for a real sustainable development of the rural surround areas
Zone 3: CASAMANCE
Students will present the remarkable efforts and advances made by Casamance’s communities from a cultural, life style and sociological perspectives. The economic structure (e.g. the linkages between agriculture and agribusiness opportunities) can be considered with a focus on fundamental goods and foods like rice, vegetables, etc.
Zone 4: WEST-CENTRAL (Thies, Louga, Touba, etc.)
Researchers will explore how eldership, religions and other local values,contribute effectively to the sustainability of a peaceful environment in that region and throughout Senegal more broadly.